Monday, May 24, 2010

NEEDing a change that lasts

I have dabbled in the raw food world a bit before, BUT when I get bored, tired, to lazy to walk to the store, or when I'm hanging out with my friend Brenda for a weekend I will munch-out on pasta, chips & brownies. Which is probably why I have gained almost13 pounds in the last 3 & 1/2 months.

I also bruise easily (not sure if that's food related) and I'm tired of itchy skin, rashes, acne, diarrhea, cramps, and I have had gotten headaches in the last 2 yrs that were worse then anything I have had in my entire life.

Growing up I heard dad say numerous times "You are what you eat, if you eat junk then you become junk".
He must of been right cuz even though I got rheumatic fever & scoliosis as a kid, I never felt sick and didn't have any cavity until I was 17.
After my brother & I grew up & moved out, dad must of assumed that he no longer had to set a good example and started eating junk. Now he also has a lazy susan sitting in his coffee table full of medication for diabetes, cholesterol, blood pressure and who knows what else.

This week I joined a couple "raw" forum sites:
www.30bananasaday.com
seems pretty active with quite a few people posting regularly.


In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired.-
He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is more powerful still.-
When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no "I'll start tomorrow." Tomorrow is disease.

No comments: