Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Party


Someone had lots of patience & a ton of talent to create this carved fruit display.


Usually we had a big ice scuplture as a display. This year they went with something different.


Not sure what this was called. It had tofu in it and I thought it was pretty good.
Even though my friend, Brenda refused to try it...she won't try anything with tofu.

This pasta salad was also good



Carrie was making someone a tortillini dish. Brenda said that was good..I had eaten enough and so I didn't try this.




What more could you ask for then a room full of friends & food. Right about now, whoever has been reading all my posts in this blog was probably thinking that this blog will by the opposite of (or go against) the last blog..LOL
So yes, even though I went to a holiday party and stayed for about 4 & 1/2 hrs...I don't feel like I went crazy with all the food. I still had my old holiday favorite~yams/sweet potato. Mostly I ate the pasta salad. Course I was to busy taking pictures, so I didn't have much time to sit & eat. I took about 130 pictures that night and have 50+ pictures posted on facebook (before my battery died out that night)
I also won a rice cooker in the gift drawing this year. I have never used a rice cooker before but lots of the foreign exchange kids that work here use them all the time, and everyone tells me how great they are.


Well, today as I type this its "Winter Soltice Day" and I expect another snowstorm tomorrow.








No comments: