I got this messege from someone else and thought it was pretty clever and didn't want to forget it...seems she got it from "DR.OZ"
1. Thou Shalt Not Wear Pants that Stretch Your clothing is your early-warning system for weight gain. When it’s getting hard to snap your jeans, you know it’s time to be vigilant. Wearing stretchy clothes allows you to live in ignorance of how your body is growing, making it easier to pack on pounds without knowing it. ( how TRUE how TRUE...been there DUN that!!!!
2. Thou Shalt Not Keep Bad Clothes in Your Closet When you keep the clothes you wore at an unhealthy weight, it gives you a back-up plan if the pounds don’t come off. Instead, force yourself to stay on track by 86ing your “fat pants.” (well keep ONE pair to REMIND you where you came from!)
3. Thou Shalt Not Eat Meat That Walks on Four Legs More Than Once a Week.. Meat that comes from an animal with 4 legs is higher in saturated fat (the unhealthy kind) than that which comes from 2-legged animals such as chickens, or animals with no legs, like fish. Plus: women who eat large amounts of red meat more than once a week have a 50% higher chance of dying from heart disease and have higher cancer rates.
4. Thou Shalt Not Graze Plan your meal before you open the refrigerator, get what you need, and close the door. Opening it throughout the day leads to impulsive choices and overeating.
5. Thou Shalt Not Eat After 7:30pm When you eat late at night you are more likely to be eating in front of the TV (when you won’t pay attention to how much you’re putting in your mouth) and you’re more likely to pick high-calorie snacks.
6. Thou Shalt Not Pile Food More than 1 Inch High or Within 2 Inches of the Plate Edge Larger portions equal more calories. ‘Nuff said. (My BIL used to make a MOUNTAIN of food on his plate. To this day he is still slender...go figure!)
7. Thou Shalt Not Chew Food Less than 20 Times Per Bite Chewing allows your body to realize that you are eating food, prompting it to create a sensation of fullness at the appropriate time. When you don’t chew enough, you get ahead of that process, eating well past when you are actually satisfied. (this is REALLY one to emulate....ME included!!!!)
8. Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbor’s Plate Spend your day nibbling bites on someone else’s sandwich or afternoon snack, and you will add on 1,000 calories easy. (don't even look!)
9. Thou Shalt Not Carry Small Bills Nothing loves a small bill better than a vending machine. When you have them at the ready, you are one step closer to an impulsive, calorie-loaded afternoon slip up. (I am not tempted by vending machines, however, this is really helpful for those who are!)
10. Thou Shalt Not Eat While Standing Up Eating sitting down enables you to be aware of what you’re eating and eat it slowly so that your body can tell you your full before it’s too late. (oh NO what about the fast food places, where that is all you DO!