Sunday, October 24, 2010

Breakfast

Well in 6 days I will be out of work for just over 3 weeks...WOW! So this morning I am looking through my food shelves to see what I have and what I need to buy that will last me through that time. Also looking in a couple cook (and uncook) books for new ideas.

Here is what I came up with so far for breakfast-

#1 fruit Salad (whatever is in season & on sale)

#2 fruit smoothie (whatever is on hand)

#3 apple slices with peanut Butter

#4 Naked juice with "mighty greens" added

#5 yogurt & granola

#6 Hemp cereal with soymilk or yogurt

#7 Instant Oatmeal with Protein powder & Peanut Butter

#8 Instant Oatmeal & Frozen Blueberries

#9 Rice with Soy Milk & cinnamon, raisins, nuts

#10Soymilk, Protein Powder & Banana....smoothie

Unfortunately I have to get another juicer as I no longer have 1. But I'm starting to wonder if I could tolerate just rotating those 10 breakfasts all month long or maybe even all Winter long. Guess the only reason I would need to go down to the employee cafe would be to get some fruit & yogurt & the individual serving containers of soymilk. Hey if Im only using soymilk for 3 mornings a week then there is no reason to buy a big expensive container at the general store.
The general store does have hemp milk, and I tried drinking it straight from the carton but I didn't like it at all....NO FLAVOR, just COLORED WATER. But maybe it would be ok in #10's smoothie.

No comments: