Sunday, February 1, 2009

Biggest Loser~Grand Canyon style #2

Ok, today I went to the kick-off meeting for our new weight-loss contest. I did this last Summer also, but hope to do ALOT better this time. In fact if anyone is reading this blog that is also in the same contest here at the Grand Canyon....watch out for the team called "Maswik Munchers" because I am determined to kick butt this time (probably my own mostly).

This years contest is a little different as each team (3 people on each team) will get points for...weighing in AND losing weight...going to an activity or lecture...completing a challenge (this week drinking 8 glasses of water everyday)....and for each hour we volunteer to walk the dogs at the kennel or picking up litter around the national park.
Now I love dogs but haven't been to the kennel in quite awhile, so now I have an added incentive to go play with the dogs. I have been drinking more water lately anyways but this week's challenge will be a good way to make sure I grab the water bottles instead of the coffee cups and now that my computer is working again, I also have no reason not to dust off my exercise DVD's.

Seeing as Brenda and I went shopping in Williams the other day, I made sure to get some fruit & raw veggies to snack on while I'm sitting at my computer. The fresh produce will be alot better for me then the boxes of different crackers that I had been buying at the general store here. For some reason I seem to snack more while I'm sitting at my computer then I do at any other time.

No comments: